Friday, December 2, 2011

What Are Mommies Made Of?

http://www.freedigitalphotos.net/images/view_photog.php?photogid=2140 by chrisroll
Divine Nature Journal Entry Value #2
My mother is the first woman I have looked at for attributes on being a mother. She has many wonderful qualities but the one that has stood out to me the clearest is how tender she is with others.
She has always encouraged us children to look at the other person's point of view. I remember being shocked when the one time she said anything negative about someone was to say that that person was being judgmental towards her and that it bothered her.
An example of her kindness was when she took care of a stray coyote shepherd mix who had just had pups. She would water and hand feed the puppies. It was not convenient or even publicly accepted. She even brought home a pup giving him a good home naming it Wylee Coyote. It's a perfect example of what my mother is made of.
I think of this nursery rhyme that hung on my mom's bedroom wall while I grew up!!
I added a verse for mothers

What are little boys made of?

Snips and snails, and puppy dogs tails
That's what little boys are made of !"
What are little girls made of?
"Sugar and spice and all things nice
That's what little girls are made of!"
What are mommies made of?
Charity Untold and everything Gold
That's what mommies are made of!!

How are you teaching your children to love?
I challenge you to do what most mothers have said to their children; if you can't say anything nice then don't say anything at all :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for submitting a comment.