Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Divine Nature Journal Entry Value #5

http://www.freedigitalphotos.net/images/view_photog.php?photogid=1913
I have taken great care to do the things that my Father in Heaven wants of me. It has been a very difficult thing for me to do at times. I have had good ideas of what I should do with myself and at times I have received a "no" answer, not knowing why. I have been obedient even when I wanted to do the exact opposite. I had faith in my Father and I will say, however, that it made it easier because I had already decided that I would be obedient. I will not allow myself to think that I know better than God. I remember a time before my husband and I were married that we were going to be obedient and remain chaste. We knew that the prophets counsel was wise. We followed it. We made decisions that protected us from failure. We were able to be sealed in the temple together forever. It was not always easy but it was worth it.
As a parent I am doing my best to teach my children the importance of obedience. I believe that if they can decide to be obedient to me then they will be obedient to our Father in Heaven. It's tough to do things that you don't want to but if you have enough faith it is possible.
We have been using the trigger word ,"please" to remind the kids to be obedient. Some of my children are responding to the trigger word with obedience by immediately responding, "Yes, Mom" and doing it. Sometimes, crying as they leave. Obedience, it is though. Others of my children still argue with me. Thinking that their way is better. I worry for them and have hope that they will improve.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for submitting a comment.