Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Personal Progress and Stripling Warriors. Faith Value #2 Journal Entry

Alma 57:21 "Yea, and they did obey and observe to perform every word of command with exactness; yea and even according to their faith it was done unto them; And I did remember the words which they said unto me that their mothers had taught them." 
As a child I didn't always follow with exactness the things that were taught to me.  When I did it was sometimes a struggle, but it was also a blessing.
Picture by Corryn my daughter

When I was a sophomore in High School I played on the Varsity basketball team (small school).  We were in a very close game.  Excitement was everywhere.  I was to do a very simple pass to our leading scorer, a senior, but instead panicked and passed to someone else.  We lost and my coach was infuriated. For a while, afterwards, he would bring up that story.  I pray that I can follow the commandments with exactness like the Stripling Warriors.  I don't want to be embarrassed or ashamed.  
As a mother I have a sacred duty to rear my children in love and righteousness.  I am to provide for needs spiritual and temporal, teach them to love, observe the commandments of God and of the land.  There is so much I need to do to prepare my children and I have been working hard to prepare myself so that I can help them.  A sister once told me, "Sometimes, even though you do all you can, they still have their agency."  While that is true, I hope to never give reason for them to not be prepared.  I am going to follow my M.I.L. 's example.  She refuses to feel guilty and wonder if she did enough.  She did enough and did it without any doubt of her purpose.  I'm going to refuse to feel guilty also.  I will be passionate in my role so I can meet my Maker with a peaceful conscious.  I'll have to have Faith in my children and Heavenly Father that they'll do their part.  
I hope that I'll follow the example of the stripling Warriors’ mothers and teach my children to follow with exactness and have faith.  I need to make it clear what the directions are, unlike that of my coach; prayerfully, my children won't panic and do something else and lose the game.  Fortunately, in life, not like in the game, we can repent and come back and feel the peace of obedience.  
Miracles happen.  The Stripling Warriors were great men.  Miracles happened for them and their mothers.  I am certain miracles will happen for you and me.  Have Hope.  
I remember feeling confused and unsure during that basketball game moment.  I was given direction at the last moment.  It was out of the norm for me.  I hope that I am clear as my job as coach to my children.  Fortunately, the things I'll require from my children will not be out of the norm. It will be consistent and clear with the help from and with thanks for Heavenly Father.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for submitting a comment.