Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Where is your playground?  
Have you visited lately?



     I just went on a tour of the desert in front of my home, courtesy of my youngest two children.  They were enthralled and imaginative showing me all the hills, plane wings, slides, stairs, diving boards, bugs, and poo that they didn't realize were out there (they are 3 and 5 mind you). They showed me "The king", bike desert road, the dry lake bed they like to go to for picnics, and also the secret tunnel that leads to daddy's work.  It was a nonstop tour of constant explanation of the world around them. They collected two rusted cans, a beer bottle (that wasn't broken mind you; in which  they were surprised), a springy thing that was wrapped around a stick, and three sticks that gave us the direction  to take on our tour.  They couldn't part with these treasures so they gave them to "housey".  After all, our house celebrates it's birthday every day.
     I came home being filled with their excitement. I threw the beer bottle away saying, "housey didn't want us to get hurt", and was determined to have the same joy in my playground. With my morning routine done I did just that.  I love what I do.  I enjoy the creative juices that flow.  I love the peace and the "take me to another world" feel I get when I'm in it.  I love the things I'm learning.  I love that I can be a source of upliftment. I loved my different playgrounds as a child. I played good and hard. I'm thankful for my children who show me how to play.  I am sometimes giddy in my current playgrounds and I am grateful to have them.
     How about you?  
Where is your playground?  Have you visited lately?  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for submitting a comment.