Saturday, November 17, 2012

Gratitude and Clicking

Gratitude and Clicking
I've enjoyed reading all the posts on facebook that expresses thoughts of gratitude for the month of November. I know what a difference gratitude can have in how we respond to life.  I previously posted an experience I had last year:   

My family was recently challenged by our Home Teachers to only show our gratitude during our personal prayers and see the difference it would make in our ourselves.  It was only for a period of 4 days until Christmas and right away I was struck by the amount of times I reach out for my Father in Heaven for strength or knowledge.   I needed to find shoes (a continuous battle at our house), I wanted help to restore peace to our home, the list is huge.  So, in order to try to only show gratitude, I found myself stopping the silent requests, sometimes in the middle of it, and sharing my gratitude for at least the fact that we have shoes for 13 people, and grateful that we have all the people in our home to love.  I'll admit, there were times that I had to be very creative in the way I spoke my gratitude.  I also admit, that there were many times that I wanted to ignore my Home Teachers' challenge.

My understanding of the great love My Savior and Father in Heaven has for me increased tremendously for I was reminded constantly during this exercise.  I lost track of how many times I stopped myself mid request.
Even though, I recognize I need to humbly show more gratitude I am pleased that I feel comfortable enough to share my concerns and plead for help in my every day endeavors and recognize the greatness of His love for little 'ol me.
I love my Heavenly Father and Brother.  I am so grateful that Father sent His Son willingly.  I am grateful that Christ gave His life and gives His love.

I wanted to share a wonderful website with a clicker for a tool to help change your life by the thoughts you have.  It's fun.  It's a challenge.  It can change your life.  I highly recommend it.  I have taken this challenge and my energy increased just as it says it can.  I think it's time for a clicker reboot.  How 'bout you?




Happy Clicking

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for submitting a comment.