Monday, November 28, 2011

Faith Vaulue #5 My feelings for a perfect and all loving Savior

Personal Progress Faith Value #5
My feelings for a perfect and all loving Savior
Friday, 4 November 2011 8:43 AM

                     Picture by Juan R. Lascorz permission from Wikipedia-yoke

There is truly no way to fully express what I feel the Savior has done for me.

There have been moments when as a young child, and unsure of what to do, my siblings and I would pray vocally and silently for guidance or comfort. There was one experience where we were alone and walking in the summer desert heat to our grandparents home. We had about 3-4 miles of walking left ahead of us. We were very frightened and had several people offer rides to us. We didn't accept because we didn't know them. We were counseled from them to stay by the road and watch out for snakes. Our little sister was crying and being carried by children no older than 5 years her elder. We were afraid we wouldn't arrive before dark.  When you’re young you think of the boogy man and coyotes and any other crazy possible (or impossible) thing. Thank goodness our parents taught us to pray because we did, and asked for protection and peace. Then we had a car stop and they told us they were missionaries from our very own church. Oh, the relief we felt. I remember talking to my brother about feeling peace with accepting their ride. I recognize that the possibility of such a miracle might seem too grand to some but I view that as one of my first experiences where I knew we were being watched and cared for.

I remember asking Heavenly Father to help my brain to enlarge and take in the things I was learning in school.

I've asked for forgiveness in the way I treated roommates or friends.

I've had moments of despair where I wondered if I was a lost cause.

As an adult I have many examples of calling on my Father in Heaven for comfort from worries and concerns. I've prayed and hoped for my family members to make the needed changes. I pray continually that Heavenly Father will make up for my lack as a mother. I plead for relief from the frustration and turmoil I sometimes feel from uncaring family members or adults. I plead that I will see people the way God sees them. I pray that I can be more than I am. I now mostly pray that my desires for my life will be the same as my Father in Heaven's will.

I am struggling right now with understanding what it means to "take his yoke upon him....and my burden will be light...". So when I pray, I tell our Father that I'm trying to exercise this principle but I'm not sure exactly how. I ask Him to help me figure it out and to have success in it.

I've asked Him to take away an emotional and physical ailment in which I had no understanding. He did. It returned but I was strong enough to take the steps in finding the problem and the patience to work with the doctors in correcting it.

He has helped me deal with the mental and physical fatigue and frustration from being on bed rest for 11 pregnancies.

I'm continually finding things in my life in need of the atonement. I'm often overwhelmed at all the embarrassment, pain, anguish, worry, anger, and fear that I personally have handed over to my Savior.
I am grateful beyond words for our perfect and all loving Savior. I hope that I can be of some assistance to Him in our Heavenly Father's Plan.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for submitting a comment.